There is a reason lemonade has remained a classic over the years. It is one of the most powerful energy boosters and thirst-quenchers. It can also provide essential vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients your body craves to function optimally. Without all the added sugar, lemon water or lemonade is one of the most potent beverages for good health.
Here Is Why You Need to Drink Lemon Water First Thing in the Morning:
– Lemons can provide proper hydration. They’re packed with magnesium, potassium, and calcium, which are electrolytes that help with hydration.
– They may help freshen your breath, alleviate your toothache, and fight gum diseases, including gingivitis.
– Lemons help improve your skin health. Lemons are rich in vitamin C that helps lower blemishes and wrinkles and rejuvenate your skin.
– They may help dissolve your kidney stones. They possess citrate that may help dissolve kidney stones and prevent kidney stone formation.
– Lemons may help make your bowel movements more regular and more comfortable.
– Lemons help fight inflammation and infections. The powerful anti-inflammatory properties of lemons may help soothe your sore throat, reduce tonsil inflammation, and fight respiratory infection.
– They help decrease stress. Vitamin C found in lemons helps prevent a rapid cortisol spike that can lower your mental and physical signs of stress.
– Lemons can keep your nervous system functioning adequately. Your nervous system needs potassium that’s present in lemons. They may also help with anxiety and depression because both may be triggered by potassium deficiency.
– They may help balance your body’s pH. They may help increase your body’s pH level, thus preventing disease.
– Lemons may help reduce blood pressure. They’re rich in potassium that can have a calming effect on your body, which may help reduce your blood pressure.
– They help cleanse your blood. The detoxifying properties of lemons can keep your blood, arteries, and other blood vessels clear.
– Lemons help boost your immune system. Since lemons are high in vitamin C, which’s a potent antioxidant agent, lemon water may help boost your immune system as well as keep your body safe from illness and free radical damage.
– They may help enhance your digestive health. The citric acid found in lemons can interact with other acids and enzymes, helping the digestion process.
– Lemons may help cleanse your liver. They cause it to release toxins.
– They may cause your liver to create enzymes and bile, which can boost digestion.
– They may help relieve heartburn. They may help neutralize the acidity in your body, thus relieving heartburn.
– Lemons may help alleviate joint pain by dissolving uric acid and reducing the inflammation in your muscles and joints.
– They may help promote weight loss. They possess fiber called pectin that may help suppress your cravings and lower your appetite.
– Lemons may help prevent cancer. Many studies have shown that cancer can’t thrive in an alkaline environment. Since lemons are a highly alkaline food, lemon water may help create an alkaline environment in your body.
– Lemons are also beneficial for women who are pregnant. Vitamin C found in lemons helps boost the immune system, protecting against viral infections during pregnancy. This vitamin can also help regenerate and repair bone tissues, skin, and blood vessels.
How to Make Homemade Lemon Water:
You can make homemade lemon water by squeezing ½ fresh, organic lemon into 8-12 oz. of room temperature or warm water. Ice cold water can decrease the digestive benefits of lemons and cause your body to use more energy. Hot water is also less effective since it can decrease the lemon juice’s enzymatic properties.
You should mix room temperature or warm water with lemon juice to receive the full energetic and enzymatic properties and most health benefits of lemon water.
You should consume the beverage first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. You may also want to consume it half an hour before your meal to boost your digestion as well as to get more nutrients and energy from the food you eat on a daily basis.